- Having a single, central access to your files and applications, from where ever you are, through any computer.
- If you have no Internet access, you cannot access your files and applications.
- Using your files and applications efficiently is entirely dependent upon the speed of your (current) Internet connection.
- The speed of your (current) Internet connection is entirely dependent upon:
- How well the current ISP is managing their network.
- How well your Cloud Provider is managing their network.
- Internet conditions beyond the control of either the ISP or your Cloud Provider.
To be objective -- I expect that reliability problems will eventually improve to a point where Cloud services are a totally good thing. But, "It ain't there, yet."